Most expensive store in the world BIJAN

Written By Info on Saturday, May 21, 2011 | 8:52 AM

“Who?” you could ask yourself.









Bijan Pakzad. He opened a store, called Bijan, on Rodeo Drive in 1976.  It has been the known as ‘the most expensive store in the world’,  catering to the wealthiest of the wealthy and carrying things like a $15,000 vicuña coat, a $120,000 chinchilla bedspread and a $65,000 crocodile-trimmed luggage set.
Now I know why I’d never heard of him. I mean, I’ve heard of a vicuña, however i couldn’t choose one out in a line-up and of course i didn’t understand you can find $15,000 coats made out of them. Turns out it’s basically a llama-type animal, however you can’t sell a coat for $15,000 and call it a ‘Llama Coat’.




The interior decor of his shop or store was estimated to cost over a million dollar (1000$) and the original cost of his signature cologne was $1,500 for 6 ounces. Not exactly I'd understand, but that sounds like about how much one might pay for the same quantity of street drugs.  You’ll probably recognize the bottle.






These are the types of prices i always frankly find it difficult to understand. I like to smell better, but could I ever imagine paying that much of money to do it and do it?
I crunched the numbers. With $1,500, I can buy 1,239 bars of the Dove soap I like. I can’t be sure, yet that might last me a time. It just might.
Bijan specialized in men’s wear – and marketing, apparently. He once designed a .38-caliber Colt automatic pistol made with 24-karat gold parts, for $10,000, for the require, he claimed “of the prominent men among my clientele for a protective weapon appropriate to their lifestyle.” 







you like this post !!! please leave a comment












0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Top 3 Popular Posts in the last 7 days